Your homepage is one of the most important, if not the most important, investments you can make in your business. Quite simply, it has the potential to make you or break you. To maximize the performance of your website, make sure that your homepage design includes these 6 essentials.
- Clear Navigation: The navigation menu should be prominently displayed and easy to use. It should include links to important pages such as the “About Us” page, “Contact Us” page, and any product or service pages.
- Strong Visuals: The use of eye-catching visuals such as high-quality images or videos can help draw the user’s attention and create a memorable first impression. It’s important to ensure that the visuals are relevant to the website’s content and purpose.
- Concise Messaging: A clear and concise message that clearly communicates the website’s purpose or value proposition is crucial. It should be prominently displayed on the homepage and ideally above the fold.
- Call-to-Action (CTA): Including a clear CTA on your homepage that directs the user to take a specific action, such as “Sign Up” or “Learn More,” can help increase user engagement and conversions. It should be visually prominent and strategically placed on the homepage.
- Social Proof: Including social proof on your homepage such as customer reviews or testimonials can help establish credibility and trust with potential customers. It should be prominently displayed and updated regularly to ensure relevance.
- SEO: Ensuring that your homepage design includes keywords or keyphrases is essential to SEO. Include your target keyphrase in your page title, headings, body copy, and alt text for images.